Phone: +47 55 95 97 52
Academic title: Dr. oecon.
- Brand management
- International marketing
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Consumer psychology
Selected publications and conference papers
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2015): "Cultural Embeddedness of Products: A New Measurement of Culture and its Effects". Forthcoming in International Journal of Market Research.
- Jakubanecs, A. (2014): The Dark Side of Independence and the Bright Side of Interdependence: Effects of Vertical Individualism-Collectivism on Consumer Ethics. Society for Marketing Advances 2014 Conference Proceedings, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2012): "Holistic versus Analytic Thinkers in the West: Differential Reliance on Logos in Cognition- and Feelings-Based Product Evaluations", Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 39.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2012): "Blank Endorsement: The Added Value of Unknown Corporate Brands", Journal of Brand Management, 19(9), 788-800.
- Troye, S.V., Supphellen, M. and A. Jakubanecs (2012): "The Consumer as a Co-Producer and Prosumer: Convenience Food Marketing", in Rudolph, T., Schlegelmilch, B., Bauer, A., Franch, J. and Meise, J.N. (eds.): Marketing Challenges in a Diverse European Market - Text and Cases. Wiesbaden: Gabler Verlag.
- Makienko, I. and Jakubanecs, A. (2011): The South-North Divide in International Marketing. How Consumers' Associations with South vs North Affect Their Product Evaluations, Society for Marketing Advances 2011 Annual Conference, Memphis, TN, USA.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Patosha, O. (2011): "A Test of Universality of the Relationship between Self-Construal and Impulsive Consumption: the Case of Russia, Advances in Consumer Research, 38.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2010): "Brand Positioning Strategies in Russia: Regional Differences in the Importance of Corporate Endorsement and Symbolic Brand Attributes", Journal of East-West Business, 16(4): 286-302. Link
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2009): Culture and the Perceived Importance of Corporate Endorsement: A Cross-National Study, 2009 Johan Arndt Conference, Trondheim, Norway.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2008): Cultural Embeddedness of Products (CEP) Scale: Development and Testing of a New Moderator of Effects of Dimensions of Culture on Consumer Behavior in Russia, the U.S. and Norway, 2008 Society for Consumer Psychology Winter Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Jakubanecs, A. (2007): Cultural Embeddedness of Products Scale: Theoretical Development and Empirical Testing in the U.S. and Norway. Doctoral dissertation, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen: Norway.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2006): On the Importance of Nondominant Cultural Dimensions: Effects of Vertical Individualism on Consumer Behaviour in Norway, 2006 North American Conference of the Association for Consumer Research, Orlando, FL, USA.
- Jakubanecs, A., Supphellen, M. and Thorbjørnsen, H. (2005): "Slavic Brothers or Rivals? Effects of Consumer Ethnocentrism on the Trade between the Ukraine and Russia", Journal of East-West Business, 10(4), 55-78.
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M. (2004): Cultural Embeddedness of Products (CEP): Conceptual and Empirical Development of the CEP Scale, Proceedings of the 33rd EMAC Conference, Murcia, Spain.
Selected work in progress
- Jakubanecs, A. and Supphellen, M.: "Deciding When and How to Use Corporate Endorsement for International Product Brands: Toward a Managerial Framework".
- Jakubanecs, A., Supphellen, M. and Helgeson, J.G.: "Cross-National Marketing Communication Strategies in a Crisis: The Differential Role of Authority Endorsement".
- Holistic versus Analytic Thinkers: Differential Reliance on Logos in Cognition- and Feelings-Based Product Evaluations (with M. Supphellen).
- Effects of Dialecticism on Consumer Perceptions of Products with Conflicting Goals (with A. Fedorikhin and N. Iversen).
- The Dark Side of Independence and the Bright Side of Interdependence: Effects of Vertical Individualism-Collectivism on Consumer Ethics (with J.G. Helgeson).
- The South-North Divide in International Marketing. How Consumers' Associations with South vs. North Affect their Product Evaluations (with I. Makienko).
- Patterns of Emotional Brand Experiences across Cultures (with M. Supphellen, H.-M. Haugen and N. Sivertstøl).
Selected research projects
- Understanding customers and brands in international markets: Development of qualitative and quantitative tool boxes for use in SMART. Industry project with Telenor.
- Digital trust building in self-service systems. Industry project with Tryg.
- Development of a beta digital service innovation in Storebrand to induce customers to start and maintain retirement saving. Industry project with Storebrand.
- Customer as a co-producer and co-creator: Challenges and opportunities for the brand of Toro.
- Effect of origin logos on sales, purchase intentions, and price perceptions of consumer exports.
- Jarlsberg as an international brand: Framework for positioning and brand attributes.
- Effects of negative information on Norway's oil-drilling on the reputation of Norwegian fish in central export markets.