Armando José Garcia Pires
- International Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Economic Development
- Brekke, K.; Garcia Pires, A.J.; Schindler, D. and Schjelderup, G. (2017), Capital Taxation and Imperfect Competition: ACE vs. CBIT, Journal of Public Economics (forthcoming).
- Garcia Pires, A.J. and Heum, P. (2016), Foreign Direct Investments of the BRIC Countries in Norway, in Brennan, L. and Bakir, C. (eds.), Emerging Market Multinationals in Europe, New York: Routledge.
- Garcia Pires, A.J.; Kolstad, I. and Wiig, A. (2016), Within-Group Heterogeneity and Group Dynamics: Analyzing Exit of Microcredit Groups in Angola, Oxford Development Studies (forthcoming).
- Garcia Pires, A.J. and Schjelderup, G. (2016), How Panama Became a Tax Haven?, Foreign Affairs, 12 April 2016.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2016), Media Plurality: Private versus Mixed Duopolies, Journal of Public Economic Theory (forthcoming).
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2015), Brain Drain Waste, Journal of Economic Development, 40, 1-34.
- Berge, L.; Bjorvatn, K.; Garcia Pires, A.J. and Tungodden, B. (2015), Competitive in the Lab, Successful in the Field? Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 118, 303-317.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2015), Multinationals, R&D and Endogenous Productivity Asymmetries, International Economic Journal, 29, 95-119.
- Garcia Pires, A. (2015), Competitiveness-Shifting Effects and the Prisoner's Dilemma in International R&D Subsidy Wars, International Economics, 142, 32-49.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2014), Media Plurality, Advertising, and Adaptation of News to Readers' Political Preferences, Information Economics and Policy, 28, 28-38.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2014), Beyond Trade Costs: Firms' Endogenous Access to International Markets, Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, 14, 229-257.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2013), Home Market Effects with Endogenous Costs of Production, Journal of Urban Economics, 74, 47-58.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. and Pontes, J. (2013), Spatial Scope of a Modern Transport Technology, Journal of Regional Science, 53, 712-723.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2013), Media Plurality and the Intensity of Readers' Political Preferences, Journal of Media Economics, 26, 41-55.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2012), Can Governments Reverse First-Mover Advantages of Foreign Competitors? Economics Bulletin, 32, 1521-1530.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2012), International Trade and Competitiveness, Economic Theory, 50, 727-763.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2009), R&D and Endogenous Asymmetries between Firms, Economics Letters, 103, 153–156.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2006), Estimating Krugman’s Economic Geography Model for the Spanish Regions, Spanish Economic Review, 4, 83-112.
- Garcia Pires, A.J. (2004), Market Potential and Welfare: Evidence from the Iberian Peninsula, Portuguese Economic Journal, 4, 107-127.
Selected research projects